The Ohio State Chapter of Phi Kappa Phi is now accepting applications for the awards listed below. All completed applications can be emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted in person or by mail to the attention of Michael Shearer(.14), SAS Building – 5th floor, 281 W. Lane Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210.
These applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31st, 2017.
Vern A. Vandamark Outstanding First Year Student Award
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to recognize one student who has already begun to excel academically and demonstrate the potential to become a campus leader. It is not necessary to be a member of Phi Kappa Phi to apply. Eligible applicants will have started at OSU full-time in Fall/Autumn 2016 on the Columbus campus and currently hold a minimum 3.70 grade point average. The chapter will award a $1,000 scholarship to be used during the 2017-2018 academic year. Download the Vandamark Award application form (PDF).
Ted R. Robinson Undergraduate Academic Enrichment Award
The chapter will award a $1000 scholarship for use between Summer 2017 through Spring Semester 2018. It is not necessary to be a member of Phi Kappa Phi to apply. Applicants must:
1) have at least junior standing by Fall/Autumn 2017,
2) hold a minimum 3.70 grade point average at the end of Fall/Autumn 2016,
3) plan to enroll as an undergraduate at The Ohio State University during the 2017-2018 academic year. Download the Robinson Award application form (PDF).
Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship
Six $15,000 and fifty-one $5,000 fellowships are available for the 2017-18 academic year. Ohio State’s PKP chapter may nominate only one student for this award. In order to be eligible to apply for OSU’s nomination, you must be an active member of Phi Kappa Phi and have applied to enroll as a full-time student in a post-baccalaureate program of study for the 2017-18 academic year. Download the 2017 PKP graduate fellowship application (PDF/9 pages)
Other 2017-18 National Phi Kappa Phi Award Applications
The National Phi Kappa Phi is now accepting applications from outstanding students, members and chapters for its various awards and grants, valued at $1 million each biennium. The Society’s award programs range from $15,000 Fellowships for graduate study to $500 Love of Learning awards for continuing education and professional development. More than 260 grants and awards will be bestowed in 2017.
To learn more about each program or apply, follow the links below. Applications must be received by the following deadlines:
- 75 @ $1000 Study Abroad Grants: are designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad (by Feb. 15). Apply online now.
- Up to a $2500 Literacy Grant: is available to Phi Kappa Phi chapters and individual members to fund ongoing literacy projects or to create new initiatives (by April 1). Apply online.
- 200 @ $500 Love of Learning Awards: help fund post-baccalaureate studies or career development for active Phi Kappa Phi members (by April 1). Apply online.
- $$$$$ Graduate Fellowships: Interested applicants apply directly to their local chapter (see Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship above).
- 10 @ $10,000 Dissertation Fellowships: These are relatively new awards. The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi will award ten Dissertation Fellowships of $10,000 each to active (=dues paid) members who are doctoral candidates and are completing dissertations. The fellowships support students in the dissertation writing stage of doctoral study. (Application deadline for 2017 was November 2016.) Information is provided here to alert interested Graduate Students that applications and any supporting documents will be accepted between 10/1/2017 through the 11/30/2017 11:59 p.m. CT deadline for the 2018 Fellowship year.